After the driver seat fitting, I thought lightning couldn’t strike twice and the passenger seat can’t be that bad! Well, it wasn’t as straight forward as I was expecting.

Fixed runners fitted

I started by bolting the fixed runners to the seat, and fitted the new manual (v1.2 and v2.0) recommended spacers, as per the driver seat, the front left-hand corner had two thick spacers, and the rest had a thick and thin washer.

I put a microfibre under the seat as I lower it into the chassis, so I can move it easier while locating the bolts through the floor into the captive nuts in the fixed runners. It’s important to have the seat belts prepared before you lift the seat in, especially if you are doing this job on your own, because getting the belts through the holes in the seat as it’s being lowered in can be a pain.

As you would expect by now, to locate the holes I used my selection of pin punches.

I needed to enlarge one of the bolt holes to get all the bolts to fit, it was only a tiny bit, more like deburring than enlarging the drilled holes in the floor pan.

An now the fun started: as the seat runner bolts where pulled tight, the seat started to press on the side panel. Obviously the spacers weren’t correcting the position properly, so I had to remove the seat and refit it several times, trying different spacer locations to resolve the problem.

I ended up with two tick and one thin under the front left-hand side runner, one thin and one thick under the rear left-hand side runner, and one thin front and back on the right-hand side runner.

Tools Used

  • Round file
  • 6mm 1/4” drive hex socket
  • 1/4” drive extension
  • 1/4” drive ratchet
  • 3/8” drive ratchet
  • 1/4” drive to 3/8” drive adapter
  • Selection of pin punches